MGO Strategic Staffing is looking for Budget Analyst for our client in San Carlos, CA. This is a 6-month contract position. In this position, the Budget Analyst is responsible for preparation of the operating budgets, performing a variety of complex professional analytical studies and undertaking assignments and projects as required. Must take a Microsoft Excel and Word testing.
Examples of Essential Functions:
- Receive, review, and monitor cost center manager budget requests.
- Prepare the budget report in the monthly financial statement.
- Review and verify budget authority for both operating and capital projects for all three agencies, including monthly and quarterly staff reports.
- Review and analyze year-over-year budget changes, historical and future trends, and project budget assumptions. Work with staff at all organization levels, representatives from organizations and groups, and the public to give and/or secure necessary information.
- Liaise with internal staff and external stakeholders to provide and/or retrieve budget information.
Examples of Duties:
- Provide cash flow analysis for current budget year activities. Process budget transfer requests.
- Prepare the monthly financial statement presented to the Board of Directors by reporting on budget activities and variance analysis.
- Prepare the annual budget book based on the Government Finance Officer Associations’ (GFOA) standards and best practices.
- Prepare budget presentations for Citizen’s Advisory Committees and Board of Directors approval including all graphs, charts, and narratives.
- Prepare statistical portion of Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) for all three-business units.
- Perform all job duties and responsibilities in a safe manner to protect one’s self, fellow employees and the public from injury or harm. Promote safety awareness and follow safety procedures in an effort to reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Must have very strong Excel skills
- Must have prior experience with Financial Modeling and Budget Forecasting
- Three years of relative experience required
- Public sector experience preferred
- Experience with People Soft preferred
- A Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
- Three years full-time increasingly responsible experience in budgeting, accounting, or related field an automated financial management system (e.g., PeopleSoft is desirable).
- Experience with company-wide budgeting is desirable.
- Experience with GFOA reporting is desirable.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite programs.
For immediate consideration, please apply here.
MGO Strategic Staffing – part of MGO LLP, one the of fastest-growing CPA and advisory firms in the nation – provides highly-specialized staffing services to a wide variety of companies, organizations, and government institutions. For more than 25 years, we’ve specialized in placing accounting, finance, information technology (IT), and human resources personnel at every level, from specialists to C-suite leadership. Our reputation is based on integrity and over 20 years of proven performance. We offer a deep roster of qualified professionals who are prepared to step in and operate as invaluable resources and an extension of client teams – ready to roll up their sleeves, embrace challenges, and implement solutions.