MGO Strategic Staffing is looking for a Human Resources Specialist (Employee Services) for our client in San Carlos, CA. This is a 6 months contract position. This position will provide confidential, technical, and administrative support services to a variety of functional areas such as Employee Services, Organizational Development & Talent Management (ODTM), and Staffing Services within the Human Resources Department.
Examples of Essential Functions:
- Engaged in customer service response with employees and the public on inquiries and requested for employee services, recruitments, benefits, and training.
- Prepare vacancy announcements, establishes and maintains recruitment files, prepares related correspondence for scheduled interviews, offers and orientations. Schedules physicals and drug screenings, processes and verifies background investigations.
- Establish personnel files for new hires with responsibility for timely and accurate posting of employee's appointment, work assignment, medical records, bargaining/non-bargaining status, paid-time-off, promotion, salary change, tax deductions (other deductions such as retirement, deferred compensation), insurance beneficiary.
- Process all personnel actions and status changes in a timely and accurate basis. Responsible for initiating individual performance evaluations, salary increases, longevity bonuses, PTO accruals, transfers, layoffs, resignations, terminations and retirements.
- Prepare and process all program documents associated with employee development and training activities, tuition reimbursement, Transportation System Management (TSM), employee computer purchase and other employee programs and activities. Develop, monitor and report on program/project budgets. Resolve program questions or conflicts.
- Manage timely distribution, collection and reporting (PeopleSoft) on documents/data associated with performance appraisal and probationary programs, drug test results, disciplinary actions, and grievance activity. Develop forms and statistical data (spreadsheet) needed for analysis.
- Coordinate and/or assist with employee related functions, special programs and events.
- Provide telephone and front desk support for the department and provide information/forms to employees and customers as needed. Distribute documents, mail and other materials to appropriate individuals for action or information.
- Perform all job duties and responsibilities in a safe manner to protect one’s self, fellow employees and the public from injury or harm. Promote safety awareness and follows safety procedures in an effort to reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Three years full-time experience in any of the functional areas of Human Resources (compensation/benefits administration, employee/labor relations, recruitment/selection, employee programs/activities, employee training/development, and general personnel records administration).
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Must have experience with Human Resources Management (HRM) software; PeopleSoft desirable.
- Ability to use initiative and independent judgment, work with interruptions and changing priorities, organize work and follow-up assignments with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to prioritize work and perform satisfactorily in a busy office environment with constant interruption.
- Must have effective customer service and communication skills.
For immediate consideration, apply here.
MGO Strategic Staffing – part of MGO LLP, one the of fastest-growing CPA and advisory firms in the nation – provides highly specialized staffing services to a wide variety of companies, organizations, and government institutions. For more than 25 years, we have specialized in placing accounting, finance, information technology (IT), and human resources personnel at every level, from specialists to C-suite leadership. Our reputation is based on integrity and over 20 years of proven performance. We offer a deep roster of qualified professionals who are prepared to step in and operate as invaluable resources and an extension of client teams – ready to roll up their sleeves, embrace challenges, and implement solutions.