MGO Strategic Staffing is looking for an Accountant (Capital/Fixed Assets) for our client near San Bernardino, CA. This is a contract position for 2 months. The Accountant will create journal entries; grant and fixed asset accounting, review and verify reliability and integrity of financial data and accounting systems respond to accounting deficiencies, compile and analyze budgets, monitor project accounting and budget control activities. Position requires accounting experience working with local government (city, county or special district).
- Answer complex accounting questions and complaints.
- Prepare audit schedules and has support responsibility for audit requests and findings.
- Perform various account reconciliations and support fixed asset physical inventories.
- Ensure that reimbursement requests for capital expenditures are promptly processed and invoiced with proper backup documentation.
- Follow up on outstanding receivable balances when necessary.
- Prepare a variety of complex accounting, revenue, accounts receivable, Board budget reconciliation reports, and any compliance reports as needed. Also perform capital project accounting, account and fund reconciliations and budget monitoring activities.
- Fixed Asset data entry. Review fixed asset listings, identify fully depreciated assets and follow up with custodians to determine current asset status.
- Budget transfer data entry, followed by updating fund and project subclass presentation.
- Prepare schedules and/or reports for various audits.
- Maintain reconciliation schedules including, but not limited to Deferred Member Agency Contributions, Deferred Revenue, Revenue, Accounts Receivable and Capital Expenditures.
- Prepare initial draft of report for regulatory agencies and/or granting agencies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Supervision: Works under the general supervision of a Finance Senior Accountant, who establishes goals and objectives and evaluates performance.
- Sufficient education, training, and experience to demonstrate the knowledge and ability to successfully perform the essential functions of the position.
- Development of the required knowledge and abilities is typically obtained through but not limited to: Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance or related field (equivalent experience may be substituted), plus three years of full-time accounting or related experience, or a combination of education and experience demonstrating the ability to successfully perform the essential functions of the position.
- Ability to analyze and solve accounting problems with timeliness and accuracy.
- Must be experienced in computerized accounting systems (PeopleSoft experience a plus), proficient in the use of a PC with a variety of software packages, including spreadsheets.
- Must be able to prioritize work to affect an orderly flow of accurate information within the Finance Department.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- The following qualifications are desirable: experience in a governmental organization, especially a transportation agency; experience with enterprise fund accounting, especially capital/fixed asset accounting; and supervisory experience.
For immediate consideration, apply here.
MGO Strategic Staffing is a highly respected professional services firm that specializes in placing accounting, finance, information technology (IT) and human resources personnel. Our reputation is based on integrity and proven performance. We have been in business for over sixteen years and have provided interim staffing and consulting services to a wide variety of local and state agencies and numerous corporate clients.