MGO Strategic Staffing is looking for a Manager of Planning & Analysis (Utilities). This is a 4-5 month contract position with the possibility of becoming full-time in Pasadena, CA. In this position, the manager oversees and supervises the activities of the Financial Planning & Analysis and Financial Services Sections. Including finance planning, strategy, analysis and management, utility department budget, bulk transmission rate design and tariff development, utility rates and design, pricing and economic analysis and financial reporting; may act on the behalf of the Assistant General Manager when assigned; and performs other related tasks within area of assignment.
Examples of Essential Functions:
- Assume full management responsibility for the section services and activities related to daily operations of the financial strategy and activities which support the utility operational and assigned budgets, financial planning and analysis, utility rates and pricing, cost management, utility procurement and contract management, capital financing, revenue bonds and requirements, bulk transmissions tariff management and financial reporting.
- Develops and implements long range utility financial plans and objectives; establishes and maintains operational controls to ensure the implementation of financial policies for the electric and water utility; monitor energy trading hedging strategies and programs; oversee the preparation and implementation of the operating and capital improvement budgets; monitors the budgets.
- Makes recommendations for guidelines involved in the development of electric and water service rates, rules and regulations, and the issuance of bonds; conducts costs of service studies; oversees the planning and implementation of research and data-gathering activities needed for the preparation of rate and funding estimates and assists with planning and forecasts; assists in the assessment of the energy portfolio and evaluates the effectiveness of the hedging strategies.
- Analyzes, interprets and ensures compliance with Federal and State regulations issued by Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, California Public Utilities Commission and the California Independent Systems Operator; as well as with financial statement disclosures and SFAS-13 requirements, hedging activities requirements and the Sarbanes-Oxley-Act; and follow market policy issues.
- Participates in the selection, supervision and work evaluation of division personnel; coordinates staff training and professional development.
- May represents the section activities to other divisions, departments, elected official and outside agencies; coordinated assigned activities with those of other division, departments and outside agencies and organizations.
- Attends and participate in professional group meetings; stays abreast of new trends and innovations in the field of energy and water resources and financial stability.
Education and/or Experience
- Any combination of education and/or experience that has provided the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary for acceptable job performance. Example combinations include: A bachelor's degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Finance, Statistics, Economics or a closely related field plus five years progressively responsible financial management experience in a comparable utility including three years in a supervisory capacity. A master's degree in a closely related field is highly desirable.
For immediate consideration, apply here.
MGO Strategic Staffing – part of MGO LLP, one the of fastest-growing CPA and advisory firms in the nation – provides highly specialized staffing services to a wide variety of companies, organizations, and government institutions. For more than 25 years, we have specialized in placing accounting, finance, information technology (IT), and human resources personnel at every level, from specialists to C-suite leadership. Our reputation is based on integrity and over 20 years of proven performance. We offer a deep roster of qualified professionals who are prepared to step in and operate as invaluable resources and an extension of client teams – ready to roll up their sleeves, embrace challenges, and implement solutions.