MGO Strategic Staffing is looking for an Accountant for our Client is the Sonora, CA area. This is Temp to Hire Position. The Accountant is a person who will work under general direction, performs a variety of professional accounting duties that involve the application of judgment and discretion in the analysis and application of accounting principles and practices.
- Principles, practices, and methods of public and governmental accounting and financing, including program budgeting and auditing and their application to operations.
- General principles and practices of data processing and its applicability to accounting operations.
- Applicable Federal, State, and local laws, regulatory codes, ordinances, and procedures relevant to government financial operations.
- Principles and procedures related to budgetary preparation, control, and development.
- Principles and practices of financial analysis, auditing, and reporting.
- Principles and practices of business organization and public administration.
- Principles and procedures of financial record keeping.
- Modern office practices, methods, and computer equipment and applications related to accounting applications, including word processing and spreadsheet software.
- English usage, grammar, spelling, vocabulary, and punctuation.
- Techniques for providing a high level of customer service by effectively dealing with the public, vendors, contractors, and County staff.
- Learn and apply pertinent federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations.
- Learn and apply County and department policies and procedures.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Examine and verify financial documents and reports.
- Prepare a variety of financial statements and reports.
- Make accurate arithmetic, financial, and statistical computations.
- Enter and retrieve data from a computer with sufficient speed and accuracy.
- Operate modern office equipment including computer equipment and specialized software applications programs.
- Use English effectively to communicate in person, over the telephone, and in writing.
- Use tact, initiative, prudence, and independent judgment within general policy, procedural, and legal guidelines.
- Establish, maintain, and foster positive and effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work