MGO Strategic Staffing is looking for a Human Resources Specialist (Employee Relations) for our client in the San Carlos, CA area. This is a 2 month contract position. In this position, the Human Resources Specialist will provide confidential, technical, and administrative support services mainly, to the functional area of Employee Relations within the Human Resources Department, but may also assist in other HR areas such as Training & Development, Employee Services, and Civil Rights. The Human Resources Specialist will report to the Assistant Manager, Employee Relations. All Candidates must take Microsoft Word and Excel Testing.
- Engage in customer service response with employees and the public on inquires related to employee services, recruitments, benefits, and employee relations.
- Update employee personnel files with responsibility for timely and accurate posting of employee's appointment, work assignment, medical records, bargaining/non-bargaining status, paid-time-off, promotion, salary change, tax deductions (other deductions such as retirement, deferred compensation), insurance beneficiary.
- Process all personnel actions and status changes in a timely and accurate basis. Responsible for initiating LOA, Worker’s Comp claims, performance evaluations, salary increases, longevity bonuses, PTO accruals, transfers, layoffs, resignations, disciplinary actions, terminations and retirements.
- Schedule and coordinate training activities, drug and alcohol testing, DOT physical examinations, and support for other employee programs.
- Manage timely distribution, collection and reporting (PeopleSoft) on documents/data associated with leaves of absence, drug test results, disciplinary actions, and grievance activity. Develop forms and statistical data (spreadsheet) needed for analysis.
- Establish and maintain LOA files, correspondence and reports in an accurate and timely fashion. Prepare and distribute LOA related correspondence (including benefits related info). Review LOA related notes/documents, follow-up. Coordinate employee’s return to work, set-up training, medical exams, drug test, etc. as required. Keep supervisor, training and HR staff informed.
- Ensure up-to-date medical certification for safety-sensitive employees. Prepare paperwork and schedule monthly medical re-certification as needed.
- Correspond with Labor Unions on a variety of Employee Relations issues. Process and track appeals, set up informal reviews, and prepare monthly Union reports.
- Coordinate and/or assist with employee-related functions, special programs and events.
- Provide telephone support for the department and provide information/forms to employees and customers as needed. Distribute documents, mail and other materials to appropriate individuals for action or information.
- Three years full-time experience in any of the functional areas of Human Resources (compensation/benefits administration, employee/labor relation, leave of absence administration, recruitment/selection, employee programs/activities, employee training/development, and general personnel records administration).
- Experience working with unions (Preferably at least one year).
- Excellent customer relations, oral and written communication skills.
For immediate consideration, apply here.
MGO Strategic Staffing – part of MGO LLP, one of the fastest-growing CPA and advisory firms in the nation – provides highly- specialized staffing services to a wide variety of companies, organizations, and government institutions. For more than 25 years, we’ve specialized in placing accounting, finance, information technology (IT), and human resources personnel at every level, from specialists to C-suite leadership. Our reputation is based on integrity and over 20 years of proven performance. We offer a deep roster of qualified professionals who are prepared to step in and operate as invaluable resources and an extension of client teams – ready to roll up their sleeves, embrace challenges, and implement solutions.