MGO Strategic Staffing is looking for an AP Accountant for our client in Sacramento, CA. This is a 3 month contract position (temp to hire). In this position, the Accountant under direction, leads, oversees and participates in a variety of financial work, which includes payroll, bookkeeping, cashiering functions and performs related duties as required. Performs the more difficult complex work assigned to incumbents in the Finance Technician series and technical accounting functions of the Finance Department independently. Must be willing to work in the Cannabis Industry.
Examples of Essential Functions:
- Verifies pay increases; records changes affecting net wages such as exemptions, insurance coverage, and various payroll deductions; keeps records of leave pay and nontaxable wages; maintains payroll related employee leave records, such as sick or vacation leave.
- Receives cash and check payments; records payments and maintains related records; balances cash drawer and maintains petty cash; prepares bank deposits.
- Collects fees for permits, licenses, classes, and other fees; issues vouchers and receipts as related to cashiering station
- Performs data entry to post, adjust and balance accounts; allocates funds to correct accounts according to established procedures; balances and reconciles accounts.
- Maintains financial revenue records and processes documents involving financial transactions; researches a variety of financial transactions; prepares a variety of reports.
- Performs various routine clerical duties such as filing, typing and counter assistance.
- Process daily revenue/receipts over to Fund Accounting, verify/balance daily cash deposits, process all reports, maintain files, includes interface issues and analysis.
- Process returned items/maintain file. (bounced checks)
- Handle all positive pay and remote deposit capture duties (may include time required during non-working hours).
- Payroll procedures; automated payroll system; financial record keeping; basic mathematics; word processing and spreadsheet applications; general office procedures.
- Ability to: analyze payroll and accounting activities and detect errors; interpret and apply related laws and regulations; make arithmetical calculations quickly and accurately; prepare related reports; maintain accurate records; work independently; exercise sound judgment; maintain confidentiality; meet the public in situations requiring diplomacy and tact; communicate effectively both orally and in writing; establish and maintain cooperative working relationships. Skill in: the operation of office equipment, including operation of a computer at 40 wpm net and a calculator.
Education and experience:
- Any combination of education and/or experience that has provided the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary. Example combinations include: Graduation from high school or equivalent and two years of experience involving payroll, financial record keeping and general clerical operations. College courses in bookkeeping, payroll or accounting are desirable.
For immediate consideration, apply here.
MGO Strategic Staffing – part of MGO LLP, one the of fastest-growing CPA and advisory firms in the nation – provides highly-specialized staffing services to a wide variety of companies, organizations, and government institutions. For more than 25 years, we’ve specialized in placing accounting, finance, information technology (IT), and human resources personnel at every level, from specialists to C-suite leadership. Our reputation is based on integrity and over 20 years of proven performance. We offer a deep roster of qualified professionals who are prepared to step in and operate as invaluable resources and an extension of client teams – ready to roll up their sleeves, embrace challenges, and implement solutions.