MGO Strategic Staffing is looking for an Accounting Manager for our client near Lodi, CA. In this position, the Accounting Manager is responsible for a variety of accounting and management duties including month-end close, assisting with year-end close and preparing financial statements. Candidates must have a background working in public sector with strong management skills.
- Perform month and year-end close procedures and routines, including: review and post journal entries; close accounting modules for Fixed Assets and close period; and maintain the chart of accounts.
- Ensure accurate accruals are made and balance sheet accounts reconciled timely.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of monthly financial information/statements; perform budget to actuals variance analysis as needed.
- Managing timely and accurate processing of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Collections processes.
- Preparation and support of the year-end audit functions.
- Act as a liaison between the Accounting team and Operations.
- Monitor and analyze department work to develop more efficient procedures and effective use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy. Assist in the development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Respond to inquiries regarding financial results and special reporting requests from others within the organization.
- BS degree in accounting of finance.
- Experience working in public sector.
- Excellent understanding of GAAP and experience in applying principles in practice.
- Experience in closing a general ledger and/or audit, account reconciliations, JE preparation and support.
- Ability to work with multiple departments and disciplines.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Excellent Excel and computer skills required.
- Ability to think critically and adapt quickly in a flexible environment.
- Team player with an ability to work collaboratively.