MGO Strategic Staffing is looking for an IT Developer for our client in San Francisco, CA. This is a 6 month part-time (.85) contract position, with up to 2 years extension. In this position, the IT Developer is expected to lead the development of a new digital prototype for the client’s project, conduct exploratory research into web content management, digital service design, and user experience strategies aimed at improving the depth and breadth of services targeting the client’s users.
• Develop a working web prototype for client project that can be used to develop a full-scale production redesign.
• Identify and evaluate alternative technical solutions, costs and benefits.
• Build coalitions among the various stakeholders using excellent conflict resolution skills, where needed.
• Translate prototypes and designs into production quality web sites, in collaboration with UX lead designer and Web Services.
• Assess the state of digital services provided by client, and work to align technical strategies and practice; conferring with client offices and top experts in the field.
• Analyze and scope the technical and policy requirements needed to implement digital solutions for client.
• Experienced with agile project methodologies.
• Experienced with third-party integrations and customizations for seamless multi-system functionality, including content management system development and configuration.
• Experienced with the principles of full life cycle systems design and development.
• Experienced with the principles and techniques of web program design, development, testing, and documentation.
• Experienced with the principles and techniques of systems implementation including conversion, data reconciliation, user training, and documentation.
• Experienced with preparing data sets and reports in support of more complex analysis.
• Experienced with documenting functional and technical specifications in the development cycle.
• Experienced with developing system test plans and test script development.
• Knowledge of object oriented design and programming architectures and design patterns.
• Knowledge of systems security and data encryption.
• Knowledge of digital government and digital government strategies.
• Excellent analytical capabilities and the ability to breakdown complex ideas into manageable pieces.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with both technical and non-technical audiences, including creating and presenting executive summaries to steering committees and other executive level leadership.
• Proven track record in leading enterprise wide web solution designs and development including developing technical roadmaps, preferably for government web products.
• Proven track record with application architecture for enterprise-wide systems such as multi-tier, distributed and web-based system architecture and development principles, and internet/intranet application delivery mechanisms.
• Proven track record in leading analysis and developing solution designs for web processes and systems.
• Proven track record of on-time, on-budget product development with a high degree of user satisfaction and quality.
• Recent experience within government agencies or public bodies with projects of a similar type.
• Experience in user research and data analysis.
• Experience in software development, data modeling and other tools, languages, and report generators.
• Experience in system test plan development and execution from unit test to UAT
For immediate consideration, apply here.
MGO Strategic Staffing – part of MGO LLP, one of the fastest growing CPA and advisory firms in the nation – provides highly specialized staffing services to a wide variety of companies, organizations, and government institutions. For more than 25 years, we’ve specialized in placing accounting, finance, information technology (IT), and human resources personnel at every level, from specialists to C-suite leadership. Our reputation is based on integrity and over 20 years of proven performance. We offer a deep roster of qualified professionals who are prepared to step in and operate as invaluable resources and an extension of client teams – ready to roll up their sleeves, embrace challenges, and implement solutions.