MGO Strategic Staffing is looking for an IT Project Manager for our client in San Francisco, CA. The position is on a full-time basis for June, 2018 and part-time (.80) basis for all other times. In this position, the IT Project Manager is expected to provide project management, oversee the development and facilitation of the client's Digital Services Conceptual Design Project, coordinate with IT Web Services Team under the direction of the client, and provide the expertise needed to manage the project. The IT Project Manager will also be responsible for how well the service meets the needs of its users, and manage its features.
- Provide project management and leadership for the client's Conceptual Redesign Project.
- Manage scope, resources, schedule and expectations to establish and maintain detailed project schedules.
- Engage in project management delivery tools including, but not limited to, meeting agendas, meeting minutes, project schedules, issues lists and change requests logs.
- Coordinate and track project issues and deliverables by maintaining a current work breakdown structure showing detailed tasks and deliverable dates to track the status of the project.
- Provide leadership, direction, training and work review; organize and assign work, set priorities, and follow up to ensure coordination and completion of assigned work to project team members.
- Communicate with contracted vendors and client management regarding deployment strategies, identify issues, and possible resolutions.
- Identify and evaluate alternative technical solutions such as evaluating different web or system solutions, as needed; analyze the pros and cons of each solution including preparing high-level budgets for each solution and present those findings to stakeholders.
- Assess the state of digital services provided by the client, and work to align strategies and practice; conferring with the client and top experts in the field.
- Analyze and scope the technical and policy requirements needed to implement digital solutions for the client.
- Develop project cost and benefit estimates; estimate project needs for staff and consultants.
- Present and deliver final report, including research findings, recommendations for a digital services strategy, and a working prototype that can be used to develop a full-scale production redesign.
- Experienced with the principles and techniques of project management including the ability to develop and track complex project plans, manage risks, manage scope and manage resources.
- Experienced with agile project management methodologies.
- Experienced with the principles of full life cycle systems design and development.
- Experienced with the principles and techniques of program design, development, testing, and documentation.
- Experienced with the principles and techniques of systems implementation including conversion, data reconciliation, user training, and documentation.
- Knowledge of application architecture for enterprise-wide systems such as multi-tier, distributed and web-based system architecture and development principles, and internet/intranet application delivery mechanisms.
- Knowledge of relational database management systems.
- Knowledge of object oriented design and programming architectures and design patterns.
- Knowledge of digital government and digital government strategies
- Excellent analytical capabilities and the ability to breakdown complex ideas into manageable pieces.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with both technical and non-technical audiences, including creating and presenting executive summaries to steering committees and other executive level leadership.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications including Word, Excel, Project, and Visio.
- Equivalent to possession of a bachelor’s degree, preferably with major course work in project management, web analysis and design, web management, UX Design, and product development.
- Proven track record in leading enterprise wide content strategy initiatives, government agency experience preferred.
- Recent experience within government agencies or public bodies with projects of a similar type.
- Experience in user research and data analysis.
For immediate consideration, apply here.
MGO Strategic Staffing – part of MGO LLP, one of the fastest-growing CPA and advisory firms in the nation – provides highly specialized staffing services to a wide variety of companies, organizations, and government institutions. For more than 25 years, we’ve specialized in placing accounting, finance, information technology (IT), and human resources personnel at every level, from specialists to C-suite leadership. Our reputation is based on integrity and over 20 years of proven performance. We offer a deep roster of qualified professionals who are prepared to step in and operate as invaluable resources and an extension of client teams – ready to roll up their sleeves, embrace challenges, and implement solutions.